The term ‘GoTennis’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website gotenniseu s.r.o. whose registered office (and usual trading address, should you need to contact us) is Studentska 7, Praha 6, 160 00, Czech Republic. Our company registration number is 05170320. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The use of this website and GoTennis membership is subject to the following conditions:
- You have to be over 18 years old to use GoTennis.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- As a condition of use, you promise not to use our services, or our website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms or for any other purpose not reasonable intended by GoTennis.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages against you and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse those third party website(s) (or any user generated information on our own website). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s) or user generated information.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Czech Republic.
User behaviour on/off the court and responsibilities
- While using tennis courts of our partner clubs it is your responsibility to comply with all the rules and requests of the partner club. And it is your responsibility to be informed about said rules and requests.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the immediately preceding paragraph, these usually include, but are not limited to:
- Arrive 5-10min before the start of the game and enquire at the reception about your reservation.
- Don’t disturb other players while they play and if your court is occupied politely ask the occupants to leave. In case of issues ask the club staff to help, or contact GoTennis for assistance.
- Finish your game with time to collect your balls and clean the court to allow the next person to start on time.
- Clean the whole court with the provided equipment.
- If you are running late, it is your responsibility to contact your tennis partner in time, to alert them of your new time of arrival.
- If you arrive to the court more than 10 minutes after your scheduled start time, you can be subject to penalty fees (see ‘Fees and Payments’ section below).
- If you, for whatever reasons, cancel a confirmed game, our system will automatically try to find a replacement for you. However, if such a replacement is not found, or is not satisfactory to the other player, and the game is actually cancelled, penalty fees may apply (see ‘Fees and Payments’ section below).
- If your tennis partner does not show up, or arrives to the court more than 10 minutes after your scheduled start time, or your game is cancelled, your credits may be returned to you and upon an investigation you may be subject to compensation (see ‘Fees and Payments’ section below).
- GoTennis is not responsible for the conduct of other users, nor of our partner clubs, nor of the quality of the courts. If there are any complaints, it is your responsibility to contact GoTennis, where we will try, but cannot guarantee, to resolve them.
- In case, for whatever reason, you are not able, or permitted, to access the tennis court of your booking, it is your responsibility to contact GoTennis and we will conduct an investigation and inform you of the outcome and solutions.
Condition of use and responsibilities
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- If you have been issued an account by GoTennis in connection with your use of our services, you are responsible for safeguarding your password and any other credentials used to access that account. You, and not GoTennis, are responsible for any activity occurring in your account (other than activity that GoTennis is directly responsible for which is not performed in accordance with your instructions), whether or not you authorized that activity. If you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account, you shall notify GoTennis immediately. Accounts may not be shared by you and may only be used by one individual per account.
- GoTennis occasionally sends notices to the email address registered with your account. You must keep your email address and, where applicable, your contact details and payment details associated with your account current and accurate. Accounts are controlled by the person whose email address is registered with the account.
- As a condition of use, you agree that any damage (material, physical or otherwise) caused by you to the courts or other property (or any harm done to any persons connected therewith) is your responsibility and not that of GoTennis. You are therefore solely responsible for any complaints or other claims in connection therewith. Equally any damage/harm caused upon you is not the responsibility of GoTennis and GoTennis cannot be implicated in the resolution of any disputes that you might have with either other GoTennis users, partner clubs or other service providers.
- As a condition of use you promise not to use our services, or our website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms or any other purpose not reasonable intended by GoTennis. This shall include, but is not limited to:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any person;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any visual content or communications that are libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or other right of any person;
- For any purpose (including posting or viewing any content) that is not permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you use our services or website;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Communication designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any GoTennis user;
- To create or transmit unwanted ‘spam’ to any person or any URL;
- To create multiple accounts for the purpose of voting for or against users’ content; and
- To post copyrighted content or other communications that do not belong to you or, with exception where you include an explicit mention of the author’s name and a link to the source of the content.
Fees and payments
- You agree to pay to GoTennis any fees for each Service you purchase or use (including any overage fees), in accordance with the pricing and payment terms presented to you for that Service. Where applicable, you will be billed using the billing method you select through your account management page. Fees paid by you are non-refundable, except as provided in these Terms or when required by law.
- The fees for each Service are explicitly stated at the point of your confirmation and are subject to change at any time.
- GoTennis reserves the right to impose fees in the event that a confirmed game is cancelled due to your act or omission (or you arrive at a court more than 10 minutes after the scheduled start time) or such other fees after an investigation has taken place. You will be informed of the outcome and given a chance to explain your case. However, GoTennis reserves the right to make the final decision and impose the necessary fees.
- GoTennis reserves the right to decide on the amount of such late fee, or cancelation fee, or other fee. It will be done in proportion of the inflicted damage (including but not limited to time and the materiality of your infringement) on your tennis partner, our service providers, GoTennis and any other party impacted.
- In the case where a delay or cancelation has happened to you, for whatever reason, GoTennis will conduct an investigation and decide on the compensation (if any) you will receive, using the same approach and rights as stated above.
- Wherever appropriate, or when required by law, the fee for each Service includes taxes.
- Payment transactions and the storage of your credit card detailed are administered by PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. duly licensed as a Luxembourg. GoTennis therefore does not take any responsibility to the management of transactions, nor of your personal data in relation to your credit card or other payments.
- If GoTennis stops providing our Services to you because you repeatedly or egregiously breach these Terms, GoTennis may take measures to prevent the further use of our Services by you, including blocking your IP address and reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, logo, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- The algorithm(s) and all technical functionalities are the exclusive property of GoTennis.
Limitation of Liability
While it is in GoTennis’s interest to provide you with a great experience when using our Services (and we love to please our customers), there are certain things we do not promise about them. We try to keep our online Services up, but they may be unavailable from time to time for various reasons. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND GOTENNIS DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE SERVICES.
Exclusion of certain liability:
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW, NEITHER GOTENNIS NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ANY FACTS OR OPINIONS APPEARING THEREON, OR THE SERVICES. GOTENNIS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, GOTENNIS’ SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO €100.00.
YOU AND GOTENNIS AGREE THAT ANY PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE ANY DISPUTE ARISING HEREUNDER WILL BE CONDUCTED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD AS A CLASS ACTION, A REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, A COLLECTIVE ACTION, A PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL ACTION, OR IN ANY PROCEEDING IN WHICH YOU ACT OR PROPOSE TO ACT IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT NO PROCEEDING WILL BE JOINED, CONSOLIDATED, OR COMBINED WITH ANOTHER PROCEEDING WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF GOTENNIS AND ALL PARTIES TO ANY SUCH PROCEEDING.
We are compliant with the EU Regulation (2016/679) on data protection, and registered with the Office of Personal Data Protection in the Czech Republic (https://www.uoou.cz/).
GoTennis may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 27/10/2017.
What we collect
We collect only the information that is necessary for the operations and smooth functionality of our Services:
- Your name;
- Contact information including email address;
- Your city and preferences of time to play;
- Your tennis level;
- Other voluntary information that you might provide (photo, bio, age, sex etc.);
- Your activity on our website and use of our services; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We DO NOT COLLECT, STORE, OR HAVE ACCESS TO your credit card information. That is done through a secured payment system provided by PayPal.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by phone or email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small administration fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Studentska 7, Praha 6, 160 00, Czech Republic.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at email@example.com . We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.